What to do if you smell gas in your church
A gas leak in your church can be extremely dangerous, so here is our advice to stay safe, protect your visitors, staff and building:
1. Ventilate – Open all doors and windows to circulate air and try to expel the gas.
2. Don’t ignite – Do not turn any electrical switches on or off, a spark could ignite the gas in the room.
3. Extinguish – put out all candles, cigarettes, any naked flames
4. Get out – leave the building immediately, but be sure not to use any electrical locks or entry/exit systems
Gas explosions are very rare, and only ever occur in older heating systems on incorrectly fitted systems. Our specialist church heating engineers are Gas Safe Registered, which means they are fully qualified and regulated to service, maintain, fit and repair church heating systems. With us, you know your in safe hands.
If you have any concerns about the safety of your system call the Church Heating Specialist now on 0161 211 6955 for a free quote